The rumors are true…
The Peripatetic Players and their very good friends Rebecca, Joan, et. al. will be leading a workshop this November 3 called Ensemble Character Creation with the Peripatetic Players.
This workshop is open to all! In it, you’ll create your very own character, and play together with other workshop participants to perform an original adaptation of a short fairy tale… just like the Peripatetic Players do it! Read on for more info, or click through to the event on Facebook…
What: Ensemble Character Creation with the Peripatetic Players
When: Saturday November 3, 10am – 2pm
Where: Port Costa, California
How To Sign Up: Drop us an email with your name and phone number, and a few words (50 or fewer) about you and why you’d like to join us for the workshop. We’ll respond with a confirmation and payment info; cost is just $40 and will pay workshop leaders and help support the Port Costa Conservation Society.
Stretch your muscles of eccentricity and ensemble with the Peripatetic Players!
In this workshop, you’ll experience the Peripatetic Players’ signature style of character-building and collaborative creation, rooted in delight and play. You’ll come away with a new character ready to hit the stage in other settings, new insight and confidence as a performer, and new collaborators dedicated to accessible ensemble theatremaking. You’ll also laugh a lot!
With methods the Peripatetic Players use to create their actor-characters, you’ll cultivate delight, vulnerability, and authentic presence on stage. You’ll gain insight into your habits as a performer, using those as strengths to build from. Then, through improvisation, eccentric exploration, and play, You’ll develop a brand-new character that’s unique to you! We’ll help them find their voice and form relationships, then we’ll take our characters for a spin… building an ensemble with other delightful weirdos, and adapting a short fairytale together.
After the workshop, explore the wonderful and tiny town of Port Costa, where you can hike the hills, relax with a book, or discover whimsical artwork and fabulous antiques — making the whole day an invigorating experience.
We are excited to play with you!
Who is this workshop for?
We’re looking for participants from a variety of backgrounds with a range of performing experience…
- Actors who want to incorporate more physicality into their character work
- Physical performers ready to deepen skills, mindfulness, and play
- Any performers seeking to gain insight into their habits, incorporate a sense of delight and play into their practice, or explore new ways of collaborating in ensemble
- Anyone seeking more relaxation, confidence and delight on stage
- Those interested in devised theatre-making, collaboration creation, or the Bay Area ensemble theater community
What to bring:
- Snacks and/or a bag lunch
- Water bottle
- Notebook or journal and pen(cil).
- Closed-toe shoes and clothes you can move in, preferably solid, neutral colors.
- Some costumes and accessories to try on — we encourage you *not* to bring your own, but instead to surprise yourself with something new!
- A creative environment rooted in connection, support, and delight.
How to sign up / cost:
Please email us with your name and a few words of introduction / what appeals to you about this workshop (keep it short please — 50 words max!) We’ll respond with payment information and a confirmation that reserves your spot. Your investment is $40, which pays workshop leaders and supports the Port Costa School as a community space. Financial aid is available; please ask.